Phong Nha cave is located in Phong Nha – Ke Bang national Park, 50km from Dong Hoi city. This national park was listed in UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites in 2003 for its geological values. Phong Nha cave can be considered as the most famous cave in this Kingdom of the caves with several world cave records including the largest combined caverns and passageways as well as the longest underground the river. It is really an ideal place for tourists to learn about the rock formations. Taking a boat trip along Son river to discover Phong Nha cave will be a very interesting experience.
Besides Phong Nha cave, Dark Cave is also a very attractive cave. It is named Dark cave because it is made of mostly basalt (a black hard rock) in addition to limestone. Exploring Dark cave, you will have a chance to experience many exciting activities such as kayaking, zip-line, high-wire, mud bathing and swimming. Especially, the mud here is very good for the skin. Only 1 day with Phong Nha and Dark Cave tour which departs from Dong Hoi will help you discover these two wonderful caves easily and have unforgettable memories.
DISCOVER PHONG NHA CAVE AND DARK CAVE TOUR IN 1 DAY GROUP TOUR
- 07:45 – 08:00 a.m: Our car and tour guide will pick you up at your hotel in Dong Hoi, and start your trip to visit Dark Cave and Phong Nha cave. (Pick up between 8.45 am and 9.10am if your hotel is in Phong nha)
- Explore Dark cave. You will trek in cave with protective gear and flashlight on the helmet. After discovering the Dark cave, enjoy your journey with many exciting activities such as Zip-line, Mud bath, swimming at cool spring etc. Visiting Dark cave is really an amazing experience.
- 12:30 pm Have lunch at a local restaurant in Phong Nha village and have a short rest
- 01:30 pm : Depart to visit Phong Nha cave (located 50 km about the city).
- After 25 minutes on the boat, you can explore the most impressive Phong Nha cave. Take a couple hours to see the cave. This cave is considered as the longest wet cave in the world. Although Phong Nha cave is 7729m long, we will only explore a distance of 1500 m. Phong Nha cave filled with stalactites and stalagmites. We can see these stalagmites in many shapes. Also with the help of colored lighting, you seem lost in a fairy tale place.
- 04 p.m: Back to Dong Hoi or Phong nha. Drop you off at your hotel. Tour ends
Activities: Muddy bath, zip lining, swimming, kayaking, soft caving, and walking
Tip: Bring swimming wear and towel
- Free pick up service from train or Bus station in Dong Hoi
- Transfer and back up by High-quality van
- English speaking tour guide
- Lunch (Vietnamese dishes style)
- Entrance tickets with dragon boat on Son River
- Mineral water and wet tissue
- Kids under 5y: free of charge
- Kids from 5y to under 10y : pay 75%
- Kids from 10y and older: as adults.