My Son Sanctuary is located near the village of Duy Phu, Duy Xuyen, Quang Nam, Viet Nam, in the heart of a beautiful valley and surrounded by high mountains. My Son is one of the most stunning sights to see in Hoi An, Viet Nam’s most important site of the ancient kingdom of Champa. Recognized as a Cultural Heritage site by UNESCO in 1999, My Son is an attractive destination for not only domestic but also international tourists to visit and learn about the culture, history, and architecture of Champa Ancient Kingdom. Are you looking for the easiest way to explore My Son? Join our My Son Sanctuary half day tour now, we will make sure you will have wonderful and unforgettable moments.
JOIN IN A GROUP TOUR TO EXPLORE MY SON SANCTUARY IN HALF DAY
- At 7:30 am – 8:30 a.m: Our driver and Guide will pick you up at your hotel in Hoi An center and depart to My Son Holy Land to explore and research. If you start in Da Nang, please be ready at 7:00 am
- At about 9:30 a.m-10:00 a.m: Arrive at My son sanctuary and start to visit My son
- In My Son Holy Land, the towers and tombs have been dated from VII century to XIV century, but archaeological findings show us that the Cham kings were buried here since IV century. The total of buildings are more than 70 towers including small, normal and large towers. My Son Sanctuary supposedly is the religion center and culture of the Champa Ancient Kindom.
- Most of the buildings were built by wood, but they had been destroyed since the 6th century in fires. In the 7th century, My Son was restored by Sambhuvarman who rebuilt the temples with special bricks which have existed until now. Up to the 13th century, more than 70 similar temples had been built, establishing My Son as a sanctuary of Hinduism in the Champa Kingdom. Although scientists have been conducting researches for many years, they still do not know the secret of how to make those bricks and build those towers.
- At about 12:00 p.m: After visiting My Son Sanctuary, learning about its history as well as architecture, you can choose to go back Hoi an by bus or boat.
- If you’re going back to Hoi an by boat, you will travel up the Thu Bon river by motorized boat, you can stop to visit the traditional Kim Bong carpentry village before returning to Hoi an center.
- Tour ends in Hoi An at 14:00 pm, or 14:30 in Da Nang
- High quality vehicle
- English speaking guide
- Drinking water
- Lunch in Bus – Boat tour (Vietnamese style dishes)
- Entrance fee in My Son: 150.000 vnd/pax
- Beverage in Meal
- Kids under 5y: free of charge
- Kids from 5y to under 10y : pay 50%
- Kids from 10y and older: as adults.