Cai Be floating market is one of the largest wholesale markets in the Southwest region. Many boats gather together and most of the bustling trading activities take place on the vast river. This lively scene makes Cai Be floating market an attractive tourist destination to tourists everywhere. Cruising along Cai Be floating market, you can see Tan Phong island which is composed of 6 beautiful islands with a total area of 2,430 ha. Tan Phong island is one of the famous islands in Mekong Delta and one of the famous eco-tourism attractions in Tien Giang province.
If you are looking for a tour to visit Cai Be floating market and Tan Phong island within one day, this deluxe group tour is the perfect choice for you. In the tour, you will have a chance to visit the floating market, enjoy boat rides through small canals, experience preparing local dishes and biking in the village paths. Join our trip and have more fun!.
MEKONG DELTA: CAI BE – TAN PHONG ISLAND 1 DAY
BIG GROUP TOUR
- 07:00 AM: Our guide and bus will pick you up at your hotel in District 1 or at the meeting point. The transfer via Trung Luong Expressway to Cai Be.
- Upon arrival in Cai Be, we will take a boat ride on Tien River to the remaining site of a renowned wholesale floating market many years ago. This market used to be a very busy market with diversity of fruits and goods sold. There, you can realize how diverse the area is and how rich orchard gardens are, which makes it the basket of fruit in the lower part of the Mekong River.
- Ramble in small villages where you will uncover the beauty of an ancient house and learn about the indigenous culture. Continue to visit a small family business where the locals make coconut fudges and crispy rice popcorn. Savor delicious fresh fruit and feel the slow rhythms of Southern Vietnamese folk music – a kind of music entwined with the life and culture of the Mekong Delta people.
- Paddle through small canals – an exciting experience since you can look around, unwind, and soak up the wonderful atmosphere of the Upper Mekong Delta. Additionally, after arrival on Tan Phong Island, immerse yourself in nature’s tranquility.
- At lunch time, you will have a chance to learn how to prepare Vietnamese specialties and cook the meals on your own. The meal will be served in the heart of the local garden.
- Cycle on the village path through orchards, meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong Delta. Visit Ba Kiệt’s ancient house.
- Take a boat ride back to Cai Be and our bus takes you back to Ho Chi Minh City. Tour ends
- A/c van/bus sightseeing as per program
- Pick up and transfer (centrally located hotel in Dist1 , HCMC)
- Boat trips in the Mekong Delta.
- English speaking guide during the trip
- All entrance fees
- Bikes + Helmet
- 01 mineral water/pax.
- Beverage in Meal
- Travel Insurance
- Kids under 3 y: free of charge
- Kids from 3 y to 10y : pay 75%
- Kids from 11 y and older: as adults.