Cai Be floating market is one of the largest wholesale markets in the Southwest region. Many boats gather together and most of the bustling trading activities take place on the vast river. This lively scene makes Cai Be floating market an attractive tourist destination to tourists everywhere. Cruising along Cai Be floating market, you can see Tan Phong island which is composed of 6 beautiful islands with a total area of 2,430 ha. Tan Phong island is one of the famous islands in Mekong Delta and one of the famous eco-tourism attractions in Tien Giang province.
If you are looking for a tour to visit Cai Be floating market and Tan Phong island within one day, this deluxe group tour is the perfect choice for you. In the tour, you will have a chance to visit the floating market, enjoy boat rides through small canals, experience preparing local dishes and biking in the village paths. Small group will surely give you great experience as better care will be provided to individuals and more fun.
MEKONG DELTA: CAI BE FLOATING MARKET – TAN PHONG ISLAND 1 DAY DELUXE GROUP TOUR
- At 6: 30 am : Our car/van will pick you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city and transfer to Cai Be via Trung Luong Express Highway. On the way, we will stop to take photos in Tan An town which overlooks the picturesque flat rice fields.
- At 9: 30 am : When we arrive in Cai Be, have a boat ride to remaining site of a very renowned wholesale floating market on Tien River many years ago. This site entitles you to know something about the local trading habit that has changed due to the age of the modern society when more terrestrial transportation and high-technique of agriculture have dominated everywhere. There, you can realize how diverse the area is and how rich orchard gardens are, which makes it the basket of fruit in the lower part of the Mekong River. At the floating market, we can see the local people trading fruits and many other commodities on their vessels ( Depend on the date, you can see Floating market or not)
- Ramble in small villages where you will uncover the beauty of Ba Kiet ancient house and get to know about the indigenous culture. Make a short visit to a small family business where the locals are making coconut fudges and crispy rice popcorn. Savor delicious fresh fruit and feel slow rhythms of Southern Vietnamese folk music – a kind of music entwined with the life and culture of the Mekong Delta people.
- At 11: 30 am : Arrive in Tan Phong island, the green pearl of Vinh Long town where you can immerse yourself in nature.
- We will learn how to prepare special Vietnamese dishes. And then, in the heart of the garden, we will enjoy fresh river food and the food we cooked by ourselves. After lunch, we will relax in hammocks to get back our energy.
- At 14: 00 pm : It’s time to cycle. We will cycle around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. This is a chance for you to meet the local islanders to learn more about the daily life of local people in the Mekong Delta.
- At 15: 00 pm : We take a boat ride back to Cai Be. The bus takes you back to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city.
- Finish the tour in HCM at about 18 or 19:00 pm.
- A/c private van/ bus pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program.
- Private boat trips in the Mekong Delta.
- English speaking guide during the trip
- All entrance fees
- Cooking class, Lunch
- Bikes + Helmet
- 01 mineral water/pax.
- Beverage in Meal
- Travel Insurance
- Kids under 5y: free of charge
- Kids from 5y to under 10y : pay 75%
- Kids from 10y and older: as adults.
no rating based on votes
Mekong Delta 1 Day
Available in Stock