Hue Tombs Tour takes you to visit and explore the royal king’s mausoleums. This itinerary is guiding you to less famous tombs to learn about other kings’ biography.
There are many royal tombs in Hue city built under the reign of Nguyen Dynasty. However, not all of them are popular with the tourists and added to Hue city tours by Travel Companies. With this Hue tomb tour, you will have a chance to visit and know more about the architecture and historical values of Thieu Tri Tomb, Dong Khanh tomb & Gia Long tomb.
These are 3 special royal tombs not outstanding compared to the rest, but have their own beauty, architecture and interesting historic stories to explore. Especially, the peaceful road leading to these tombs is also nice with rice fields, pine forests,… make it an ideal one to cycle or ride motorbikes.
Join our Hue tomb tour to explore these tombs now!
- Visit Thieu Tri tomb, Dong Khanh tomb & Gia Long tomb to learn about history and their architecture
- Enjoy the tour with lower cost compared to other popular royal tomb tours
- Flexible to do the trip by car, motorbike or bicycle.
- Good experience when transferring/ cycling to the green rice fields, nice pine forest and green paths to the tombs
Hue Tombs Tour
HUE ROYAL TOMBS TOUR
- 08:00 am: Our guide and car/motorbikes/bicycles will pick you up from your hotel in Hue city center and start Hue tomb tour.
- 08:30 am: The first tomb to visit is Thieu Tri Tomb ( about 6 kms to the south of Hue City center). This tomb has a simple beauty, behind based on the mountain, the front is a flat ground, with lush trees, and paddy fields stretching from Perfume river to Lim bridge, creating a tranquil scenery.
Thieu Tri Tomb
- 09:30 am: Just some minutes driving from Thieu Tri Tomb, you will arrive at Dong Khanh tomb. This tomb was constructed from 1888 to 1923 during the reigns of four emperors, it is the beginning of Eurasian – Neoclassical architecture.
Dong Khanh Tomb
- 10:30 am: Visit Gia Long tomb. This is the farthest one of Hue royal tombs (about 16 km away from Hue City center). It is an ideal painting of nature and architecture. Despite the remote location compared with other royal tombs in Hue City, this tomb is the most breathtaking with endless mountain ranges, pine forests and paths among green grass and wonderful wildflowers.
Gia Long Tomb
- After visiting the tombs, learning about their history and architecture, taking some pictures, we go back to hotel in Hue city center.
- Tour ends
- Private car with driver / Motorbike with riders/ Bicycles
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Drinking water
- Other personal expenses
If you would like to discover more famous royal heritage destinations in Hue ( Citadel, Khai Dinh tomb, Minh Mang tomb…), you can book our Hue City Tour Full Day