Hue – Phong Nha cave 2 days 1 night helps you enjoy your visit to the DMZ in Quang Tri to learn more about the history of Vietnam war and admire the beauty of the two famous caves in Phong Nha from Hue. Make your trip to Phong Nha become more interesting and meaningful with our tour now.
HUE TO PHONG NHA PACKAGE TOUR ITINERARY
Day 1: Hue – DMZ – Vinh Moc tunnels – Phong Nha Town (L)
In the morning
- This tour we will visit the DMZ (demilitarized zone) – war relics and Phong Nha cave – world heritage site.
- 8 am – 8.30 am: Our driver will pick you up at your hotel and start the trip from Hue to Phong Nha. On the way from Hue to Phong Nha, after driving about 2 hours and a half, the car will stop for you to visit the DMZ area which is located in Quang Tri province. Quang Tri was a battlefield, one of the most intensively bombed areas in military history. In DMZ area, tourists have a chance to visit some famous historical sites, take photos and learn more about Vietnam War.
- 11am-11.30am: Stop at Hien Luong Bridge and enjoy the beautiful view over Ben Hai River. This was the exact location that divided North and South Vietnam during the war. You will notice old bunkers and bomb craters from the war.
In the afternoon
- 12 pm-1 pm: Visit the famous Vinh Moc tunnels. In this 2 km long tunnel system 60 families lived and 17 children were born. Even though it was one of the heaviest bombed areas during the war, every single person in Vinh Moc survived the war 25 meter under the ground. Walk through the tunnels and get an unique insight in the life of the Vietnamese during these hard times.
- 3 pm: Finish the trip. We will drive to Son Trach village near Phong Nha cave to stay overnight here.
Day 2: Visit Phong Nha cave and Dark Cave (B, L)
In the morning
- 08:15– 08:45 am : Our car and tour guide will pick you up in Dong Hoi or Hotel in Phong Nha, you will explore the most impressive Phong Nha caves (50 km about the city, 45 minutes driving). After 25 minutes on boat, visitors will arrive at Phong Nha cave, take a couple of hours to see the cave. This cave is called water cave, it is famous for its rock formation which has been given names such as the “Lion”, the “Fairy Caves”, the “Royal Court”, and the “Buddha”.
- 12:00: Lunch at local restaurant in Phong Nha village before exploring Dark cave in the afternoon
In the afternoon
- 01:00 – 04:30 pm: Visit Dark cave, Dark cave is really amazing where you can experience many adventure activities. The cave is called the dark cave because it is made of mostly basalt in addition to limestone. The basalt is a black hard rock, giving it its dark name. Basalt and limestone surrounding you, you squished through the passage using only your headlamps.
- By the time we got through the passage, you are covered in mud and ready for another swim. This time you can go further into the cave, where the width was probably 100 m and the depth is deeper than anyone could touch. As you swim, you have to duck under huge stalagmites and balance between limestone columns to get to the next big opening.
- On the way back, everyone can turn off their flashlights during the long swim stretch and you can swim in darkness. It is surreal. Probably the coolest thing you’ll ever do.
Activities: Muddy bath, zip-line, swimming, kayaking, soft caving and walking
Tip: Bring swim wear and towel
- 05:00 – 05:30 pm : Back to Dong Hoi. Tour ends. From here you can take night bus/ train to the North (Ninh Binh, Ha Noi, Sapa, Hai Phong).
- Transportation with A/C
- English Speaking guide
- All Entrance tickets with dragon boat and golf car
- All Meals is mention
- Hotel in Phong Nha ( 3*)
- Personal expenses
- All not mentioned in the itinerary
- <= 5 years old: Free
- 6 to 11 years old: 75%
- >= 12 years old: 100%