Participating in the Hue to DMZ tour is a chance to explore the war sights and learn its history. Additionally, you will be amazed to know about the indomitable spirit of heroes during the battles of American war.
The Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) in Quang Tri Province was the site of some of the fiercest and bloodiest battles during the war between Vietnam and USA in the years from 1954 to 1975. That is the area around the former border between North and South of VietNam.
Historically it was a narrow band of terrain extending from Lao Border to the coast, five kilometers on either side of Ben Hai River, roughly on the 17 Parellel north of latitude. This place preserves many remains such as Khe Sanh Combat Base, Vinh Moc Tunnels, Hien Luong Bridge and Ben Hai River. DMZ Hue Tour will bring you an opportunity to understand more about Viet Nam War through visiting these famous places.
Hue To DMZ Tour – SMALL GROUP TOUR
In the morning:
- 7:00 a.m: Our driver and guide will collect you at the lobby of your hotel in Hue central and then transfer to Dong Ha Town. On the way, you will have chance to stop and visit :
- Long Hung Church – a National Relic in the town of Quang Tri Vietnam – BA5453.
- Quang Tri Ancient Citadel – is seen as an eye-witness of fierce battles during the anti-American resistance war in 1972.
- Dakrong bridge: is midway along Highway 9, and is the starting point of Highway 15, one of the main braches of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. a graceful bridge between the immense sky, rivers, and mountains.
- Khe Sanh Combat base: a United States Marine Corps outpost south of the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) used during the Vietnam War.
Dakrong bridge and Khe Sanh Combat base
In the afternoon:
- Hien Luong bridge and Ben Hai river: an important landmark in the partition of the country into a northern and a southern zone along the 17th parallel by the Geneva Accords of 1954.
- Doc Mieu Base
- Vinh Moc tunnels: an underground miniaturized village – it’s the largest historical tunnel in the DMZ of Vietnam
- Vinh Moc tunnels
- 6:00 p.m: Back to Hue, finish Tour.
Hien Luong bridge and Doc Mieu Base
- Transfer by A/C modern mini van
- Pick up and drop off from hotel/stay in the center of Hue
- English – speaking tour guide during the trip
- Entrance fees
- Pick up from your hotel/stay outside the center of Hue
- Kids under 05 years old: free of charge
- Kids from 05 to 10 years old: pay 75%
- Kids from 11 years old and older: as adults.