Hue Imperial Citadel Walking Tour
( Min from 1 pax)
Hue Imperial Citadel walking tour will take you to visit the most prominent landmark of Hue as well as all of Vietnam: Hue Imperial Citadel. This site is a part of the complex of Hue Monuments, imbued with culture, history and architecture of the Nguyen Dynasty, recognized by UNESCO as a a World Heritage Site in 1993.
Hue Imperial Citadel was founded in 1804 by the Emperor Gia Long for the royal family and completed in 1832 during the reign of Emperor Ming Mang. Join our walking tour to admire the beauty of the Imperial City of Hue, its architecture as well as learn more about the lives of Nguyen Emperors.
- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Hue Vietnam
- Learning about the Emperors of Nguyen Dynasty & their lives, royal art & architecture.
- Learning about history and culture of Hue and Vietnam with a knowledgeable guide
8.00 am or 02.00 pm: Our guide will meet you at the meeting point: Toa Kham Boat Station, 45 Le Loi street, Hue city. Or at your hotel if it is on the way to the Imperial Citadel. Then we will start the Hue Imperial walking tour.
- We will walk to Thuong Tu Entrance and here you will learn about the amazing life story of Gia Long Emperor. Go into The Citadel, you will see Nine Holy Cannons, Phoenix Tower and the Flag Tower.
- Then we start to do a walking tour inside the Hue Imperial City.
- Get in the Noon Gate and walk about 330 feet across Trung Dao Bridge, you will arrive at Supreme Harmony Palace (Thai Hoa Palace). Visit the Place and learn about its royal art and architecture. Furthermore, you have a chance to learn about the Nguyen Emperor’s ruling system.
- In Hue Forbidden City, you will know more about the Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty and their family’s lives in the Hue Forbidden City. Visit The To Temple, Hien Lam Cac, Cuu Dinh and listen to extra-ordinary stories of each Nguyen Emperors.
- With the guide, you will also explore the charming Queen’s Mother Residences, Dien Tho Palace and Truong Sanh Place.
- After that, you will stop at the Co Ha Royal Garden and Duyet Thi Duong Royal Theater. Finally, your Hue Imperial City walking tour will finish at the Museum of Antiquities. The glory of Nguyen Dynasty through their valuable treasures will be told at this site.
- 11.00 am or 5.00 pm: Good bye and see you again! End of the tour!
- Knowledgeable English speaking guide
- Bottled drinking Water
- Entrance Fee (The Citadel: 200.000 VND)
- Personal Expense and Tip
- Please wear decent clothes or bring Scarfs/Sarongs to cover your shoulders and knees for temple visit.