Quang Tri province is one of the most famous DMZ Vietnam (The Vietnamese demilitarized zone ). The DMZ lay at the 17th parallel and was created by an agreement known as the Geneva Agreement. The DMZ, Quang Tri was a battlefield, one of the most intensively bombed areas in military history. It left a barren desert created by hundreds of thousands of tons of high explosive, estimated to be the equivalent of seven Hiroshima atom bombs, as well as napalm, phosphorous and herbicide. The province preserves many remains from the anti-American resistance war such as the ancient citadel of Quang Tri, Khe Sanh Combat Base, Truong Son National Cemetery, Truong Son trail, Vinh Moc Tunnels, Hien Luong Bridge and Ben Hai River. For those who interest in Vietnam War tours, DMZ tour Vietnam especially Hue – DMZ tour is a good tour to choose. With this tour, one can learn more about Vietnam war and the indomitable spirit of Vietnamese people.
To meet the diverse needs of tourists, we organized DMZ tour from Hue follow these 2 options below:
- Option 1 (5hrs): Hue – DMZ half day: Lavang Holy land, Hien Luong bridge, Ben Hai river, Vinh Moc tunnels
- Option 2 (8-9 hrs): Hue – DMZ full day: Lavang Holy land, Rock Pile hill, Dakrong bridge, Khe Sanh Combat base, Hien Luong bridge, Ben Hai river, Vinh Moc tunnels
HUE – DMZ – HUE FULL DAY PRIVATE TOUR
- 7:30 a.m : Pick you up at your hotel/stay in Hue city and transfer to the Demilitarized Zone in Quang tri
- 9:00 a.m: arrive in La Vang Holy Land. La Vang holy land is a shrine located in Hai Lang district, Quang Tri province. Christians believe that Mary appeared in this area in 1978 and a church was erected near the three banyan tree. This is an important place of pilgrimage of Catholics Vietnam
- On Highway 9, you have a chance to see Rock Pile Hill. Rock pile Hill is one of the US military base, was used as a watchtower to observe the activities of the Vietnam People’s Army in the demilitarized zone in Quang Tri Province from 1966 to 1968.
- Then stop to visit Dakrong bridge. Dakrong Bridge is midway along Highway 9, and is the starting point of Highway 15, one of the main branches of the Ho Chi Minh Trail, which leads south to the A Shau valley and the infamous “Hamburger Hill”. Though not entirely legitimate, there is a monument commemorating it as a point on the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
- Continue the trip to visit Khe Sanh combat base, a large Marine base camp attacked by a massive forces of the North Vietnamese Army in early 1968.
- Come back High way 1 to have lunch at a local restaurant in Dong Ha town.
- 2:00 p.m: you continue to visit Hien Luong bridge and Ben Hai river. The river that was the only true demarcation line between the North and South of Vietnam after the Geneva agreement.
- 3:00 p.m: Visit Vinh Moc tunnels. Vinh Moc tunnels is famous as an underground village constructed to avoid bombardments during the American War ( 1965-1966).The complex includes wells, kitchens and rooms for each family and spaces for healthcare.
- 4:30 p.m: finish Hue – DMZ tour and come back to Hue city.
- High quality vehicle
- English speaking tour guide during the trip
- Entrance fees
- Water and wet tissue.
- Kid from 0 – 4 year old : free of charge
- Kid from 5 – 10 year old : pay 75%
- Kid from 11 year old and older as Adult
5 based on votes
Hue to DMZ full day
Available in Stock