Price: 29 USD / 1 pax
Buddhism is one of the biggest religions influencing many aspects of Vietnamese culture. Among the cities in Vietnam, Hue city is said to be the land of Buddhism with almost 300 pagodas and Buddhist temples. Most of the pagodas in Hue have unique structures that provide an ambiance of peace. Some big and well-known pagodas such as Thien Mu pagoda, Tu Hieu pagoda, Huyen Khong pagoda, Tu Dam pagoda,.. The secluded and peaceful pagodas are pleasant places to visit even for non-believers.
In this Hue Buddhist tour, you will be taken to 2 famous pagodas to learn about the peaceful religion and we will share you about the history of Buddhism in Vietnam. Many devout Buddhists in Vietnam enjoy zen tea to help them meditate, we’ll share this practice with you too.
In the morning
- At 8.00 am: Our guide and car will pick you up at your hotel in Hue city center.
A cup of tea in the fresh morning will be a great start for the tour. While drinking tea, you will be introduced to Hue city and Buddhism in Hue.
- To know more about Buddhism in Hue, we will take you to Tu Hieu Temple. This pagoda is hidden on the edge of a pine forest for nearly 200 years. It has been an iconic and emotional story of Nhat Dinh’s filial piety under Nguyen Dynasty.
- You will be introduced to the temple as well as the well known Zen Master – Thich Nhat Hanh. While wandering the place and enjoy its peaceful surrounding also join the chanting of the monks, a regular activity at Tu Hieu temple, which give you a closer perspective on dominant Mahayana Buddhism in Vietnam.
- Have Lunch at a vegetarian restaurant/ or a pagoda in Hue. You will be served with many special foods with Hue flavor.
In the afternoon
- At 14.00: After lunch, the car will take you to Huyen Khong Son Thuong pagoda, one of the rare Theravada Buddhism temples in Hue. This pagoda belongs to the Nam Tong Buddhism school.
- Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda is located about 10 km to the west of Hue, in a valley and surrounded by high mountains and vast pine forests. The tranquil setting of this spiritual getaway is a magnet for those seeking a peaceful alternative to the city and is especially attractive to literature and art enthusiasts. Once you are at the temple, it is obvious enjoying the spirit of Buddhism. Entering Huyen Khong Temple through its beautiful buildings, breathtaking constructions and peaceful atmosphere.
- At about 5.30pm: Say goodbye to everyone and the car takes you back to your hotel. End of tour.
For Private Tour: