Travel the length of Vietnam on this 15 days tour, stopping in Hanoi (in the north), Ho Chi Minh City (in the south), and the beaches and small towns of the central coast in between. Begin in Hanoi, Vietnam’s artistic and intellectual capital. Explore the fascinating Old Quarter and its hundreds of specialty shops selling silk clothing, lacquer ware, embroidered linens, furniture, bamboo, cooking utensils, ceremonial objects and more. Walk around Hoan Kiem Lake, taste street food on Hanoi Street and watch a performance at the Thang Long Puppet Theater.
Fly to the charming town of Hue, a UNESCO-designated World Heritage Site and river town, crammed with historic homes, tiny museums, cafes, and bustling silk and fish markets. Next, fly to the resort town of Nha Trang to spend several days in a seaside hotel/resort overlooking beautiful Nha Trang Bay. Enjoy the full day boat trip on the first Luxury cruise in Nha Trang.
Finally, in dynamic HCMC (formerly Saigon), the country’s commercial center and home to a growing number of upscale restaurants and shops. Take a day trip to the Cu Chi Tunnels by speed boat and spend the day cruising the narrow canals of the Mekong Delta.
Experience Vietnam Tour 15 Days
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
- Upon arrival at Hanoi’s Noi Bai International Airport, you will be greeted by our guide and transferred to your hotel. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi city tour and Street food tour (B/L)
- At 9:00, our tour guide will welcome you at your hotel lobby, then start walking around 4Km in Old Quarter “36 old streets” to visit some famous and specialized- food families or stalls/ local restaurants, shops where they run their business every day, certainly you will watch and taste around 6- 8 particular dishes, we can customize vegetarian or special food too.
- Special thing that tour guide would like to introduce some popular authentic food in lovely mini restaurants (not luxury restaurants) where you feel comfortable to sit down and enjoy some favorite dishes and nice drinks too.
- It’s interesting to hear from tour guide about the history of the Old Quarter in Hanoi, it is thousand years old and today retains much of the old flavor that made the area special in earlier times, each street was the exclusive domain of one trade (guilds) so there are whole streets of blacksmiths, silver shops, paper shops, headstone makers and more. Originally there were just 36 old streets in the old quarter but today there are more than 50 streets.
- It is very difficult to find some local food stalls and mini restaurants on your own in hidden alleys and sidewalks, certainly the best way to make it easy is joining with us, taking part in this special tour to learn about Vietnamese cuisine, culture, people and language.
- After all. Food on Foot Tour will give you a unique experience to try the foods of the local Hanoi people, we ensure the food is handled hygienically and provide a comfortable venue for the tastings. The benefit also goes back to the vendors or restaurants/ families as we buy directly from them.
- Walk down the Old Quarter’s corners, and enjoy a cup of Vietnamese coffee or tea. Then explore Hanoi’s most interesting sights, including the Ho Chi Minh Complex, Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (outside only) and his Stilt House, the Presidential Palace and the One Pillar Pagoda nearby. Also on the tour will be the Temple of Literature, the sedate Tran Quoc Pagoda. Lastly, enjoy one hour cyclo tour around Hanoi Old Quarter to see the daily life. Dinner at a nice local restaurant and you will stay overnight in Hanoi.
Day 3: Hanoi – Halong (Viola Cruise) (B/L/D)
- 07h30 – 8h15: The Halong Bay Getaway 2 days will be started by pick up and board our air-conditioned bus for the 4 Hour Journey to Halong Bay where we will board Viola Cruise.
- 12h00: Upon Boarding, Settle into your elegantly appointed Bay View Cabins as the vessel begins to cruise and thus begins your journey into one of Mother Nature’s greatest creation. Buffet Lunch is serve as we cruise slowly to the Bay
- 14h30: Our First stop Cua Van Floating Village. Join us in a Kayaking or Rowed Bamboo Boat expeditions to get a closer look at the thousands of Island that makes up this wondrous bay.
- 16h00: Upon Return to Viola Cruise ascend to the sun deck for a Early Evening Sunset Party to sample some local fruits and sip on some cocktails to quench your thirst.
- 16h30: Upon arrival at Titop Island, our guest can continue party on the sun deck or you can bring the party to Titop Beach. For those can’t resist plunging into the emerald waters of Halong Bay they can safely do so from the white sandy crescent-shaped beach stretch of the island.
- 18h30: Return to Viola Cruise for some rest and relax and prepare for your Vietnamese Culinary Experience.
- 19h30: In the evening, our chef transports our guest back to Ancient Hue Dynasty with an 8 Course Imperial feast. Guest will sample dishes that was once only available to royalty.
- 21:00: After Dinner, retreat to your room for some rest and relax or ascend to the sundeck which designed both for social interaction and private reflection. Whether it’s to laze around after a wonderful and filling l dinner, drink or two with your new found friends. Sundeck will be a great area to hangout. Guest can also try squid fishing. Overnight at Viola Cruise’s cabin.
Day 4: Ha Long bay – Ha Noi – Hue (B/L/D)
- 07h00: Enjoy the morning view of bay’s landscape over breakfast.
- 08h00: After breakfast, we continue our exploration of this area by visiting Surprising Cave
- 09h00: Check out of the Cabins.
- 10h00: Laze around the sun deck or joined our Chef in a cooking class in making Traditional Vietnamese Spring roll
- 11h00: To Complete your Vietnamese Culinary Experience. Guests will be presented with a traditional Vietnamese Family Meal. This Traditional Vietnamese Meal is significant to Vietnamese people which do appreciate the period of family union.
- 12h00: Upon Arrival back to Hon Gai Wharf, disembark and proceed to our Viola Halong City office while waiting for transport back to Hanoi. (Complimentary Tea Is made available for our guest)
- 12h30: We continue onward by air conditioned bus through the Vietnamese countryside and into the bustling metropolis of Hanoi.
- 16h00 – 16h30: Arrive in Hanoi, you will then drive back to Hanoi railway Station for night train to Hue after dinner.
Day 5: Explore Hue Imperial city (B/L)
- 9:30 -10:00 am: Upon arrival in Hue, our driver will pick you up and transfer to hotel in the city center.
- 12:00 am: Our guide will pick you up at hotel and then we taste Hue cuisine in garden restaurant.
- 01:15 pm: We visit Citadel – Imperial city is the home of Vietnam’s last royal dynasty – the Nguyen Dynasty
- 03: 00 pm: An Hien Garden House – is the most typical house that remains its original and standards of a Garden House in Hue.
- 03: 30 pm: Thien Mu Pagoda (Heaven Fairy Lady Pagoda) – the oldest pagoda in Hue city
- 04: 00 pm: Get Dragon boat trip to see sunset and come back to city.
- 04:30 pm: Back to hotel. Overnight in Hue
Day 6: Explore Hue country side and royal tombs (B/L)
- 07:30 – 08:00am: Your guide and car will pick you up at your hotel/stay in Hue city center.
- 08:30 am: Thanh Toan Bridge (Roof-tiled bridge)- an arched wooden bridge, a rare and the most aesthetically valuable bridge among those of Vietnam
- 9:30 am: Minh Mang Tomb – Consider as the most majestic of all of the Royal Tombs. Renowned for its architecture, which harmoniously blends into the nature surroundings.
- 10:30 am: Khai Dinh Tomb – which is a blend of Western and Eastern architecture
- 11:30 pm: Nam Giao Esplanade – the place where Nguyen Emperors came to preside over sacrificial offering ceremonies to God.
- 12:00 am: Lunch at Local Restaurant – taste Hue local food with Nam cake, Beo Cake, Khoai cake, Nem Lui (you can’t find these food anywhere in Vietnam)
- Free at leisure and 45 min foot massage.
Overnight stay in Hue.
Day 7: Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An (B/L)
- 8:00 am our guide will pick you up at your hotel and transfer to Hoi An. We will stop along the way to visit the Lang co beach which lies on the most beautiful curve of the “S” where you can be the first to see sunrise in Vietnam. Lang Co beach attracts visitors by its wild beauty with white sand and blue sea.
- After passing Lang Co beach, we drive 20km on Sea cloud pass (Hai Van Pass) – the highest pass in the country and one of the most scenic hillside roads in Vietnam. Sea cloud pass is the last spur of the Truong Son Range that reaches to the sea, sightseeing in Vietnam is at its best here with the sequel of valleys and lagoons as the road descends lower.
- We then have a chance to see My Khe beach – one of the most beautiful and famous beach in Vietnam. And our next destination is Marble Mountain where you can see some marble factories and see their art works.
- Arrive Hoi An and have lunch.
- From the 16th to 18th century, Hoi An was a thriving international commercial port for Chinese, Dutch, French, Japanese, Portuguese and Arab traders. These people came primarily to trade in the high grade silk, which is still produced in the area, as well as ceramics. Today, Hoi An is a quaint riverside town, popular with tourists for its eclectic architecture, tailors shops, and numerous cafes. Some of the buildings in the narrow streets have remained unchanged for more than a century.
- You will enjoy a half-day walking tour through the narrow winding streets of the Ancient Quarter, visiting Chua Ong Pagoda, the Chinese Assembly Halls, the 200 year old Tam Ky Ancestral House, and the Japanese Bridge. Free at leisure and overnight stay in Hoi An.
Day 8: Tra Que cooking class (B/L)
Tra Que village is famous for very fresh vegetables and Vietnamese herbs. Most of tropical vegetables can grow well at Tra Que and their flavor and taste are so distinctive that they can never be mistaken for products of the same kind from other localities. You will have a chance to learn how to make tasty traditional dishes from vegetable.
- 8:00 Local guide will pick you up you at the hotel’s lobby. Take a bike to the downtown, stop by Hoi An’s colorful central market. Here you will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later. So make sure your camera is handy.
- We ride to Tra Que village (a short 15 minute cycle away). You will be welcomed with a special local soft drink – “É” water or local tea. After your welcome, take a short walk around the vegetable garden to see local farmers at work.
- 10:00 Bike to Tra Que vegetable village. Welcome drink for rest and walk through the vegetable gardens where local farmers work on their fields using the traditional methods of hundreds of years ago, no electrical machinery here.
- 11:00 Work together with the chef. Learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food. After the lesson, enjoy what you have cooked.
- In the afternoon, we can drop in An Bang beach to relax and our car is ready pick you back to hotel.
Day 9: Hoi An free at leisure (B)
- Free time at the resort to enjoy the facilities and the comfort of the hotel in Hoi An. Overnight in Hoi An
Day 10: Hoi An – Nha Trang – Halfday tour (B/D)
- Transfer and flight to Nha Trang beach city.
- Nha Trang is without doubt one of the favorite tourist destinations in Vietnam. This beachfront city is famous for its wonderful natural scenery of mountains, beaches and islands. You will be taken from the south to the north of Nha Trang to visit the following attractive places: Long Son Pagoda (with a giant Buddhist statue on the hilltop), Oceanographic Institute (a remarkable tank with many colorful Live sea specimens) and Cham Tower (Po Nagar Temple) built in 8th century. Chong Promontory (Two big rocks called husband & wife rock) and the last is local Dam Market. Overnight in Nha Trang.
Day 11: Daytrip on Emperor Cruise (B/L)
- 08.30 am: Pick-up from your hotel and transfer to Nha Trang Port to board the Emperor Cruises Junk.
- 9:00 am: Arrival at the port and welcome drinks accompanied by the Experience Manager. Introduction of Nha Trang Bay, the locals, the food, the culture, the emperor, safety precautions, and the Emperor Cruises Junk. Start cruising while watching the spectacular landscape of Nha Trang Bay.
- 09.30 am – 10.30am: Head out to Mieu Island for trekking and visiting the local fishing villages. Learn about the way of living off the mainland and interact with the friendly locals while discovering the daily lives of the villagers. Spend a few minutes exploring the beautiful landscape by basket boats.
- 10.30am – 12.00am: Continue the journey to cruising across the Tam, Mot, and Mun Islands before heading out for water activities such as Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, or swimming in the clear blue waters of Nha Trang Bay.
- 12.00am – 13.30am: Enjoy the views of Nha Trang Bay and stopover at Dam Bay for a sumptuous set lunch served on board as the boat anchors nearby Tre Island where a tranquil lagoon with fishing farms await.
- 13.30am – 15.30am: After lunch, you will have the choice of either going trekking across Tre Island for a short nature trip or cruise along the coast to see the other side of the biggest island in Nha Trang Bay. Both options will lead you to a wild stretch of tropical paradise that is Tru Beach for more water activities such as swimming, sunbathing, and kayaking.
- 15.30 am – 16.30 am: Cruise through Vin-pearl Land and catch a glimpse of the Bao Dai Villas on the way back to Nha Trang Port before returning to the mainland and transfer back to your hotels. Overnight in Nha Trang.
Day 12: Nha Trang – Ho chi minh (B)
- Transfer and flight to HCMC for three-night stay. Overnight in HCMC.
Day 13: Cu Chi by Speedboat – half day city tour (B/L)
Cu Chi Tunnels Tour will give an introduction about historic of Cu Chi Tunnels as Vietnamese war. A chance to explore the system of tunnels deep underground being famous after war and can know how it works or how it stands out the destructive power of the bomb attack most of the US military.
- This morning, depart to Cu Chi tunnels. It takes us a 1.5 hour drive from Ho Chi Minh City.
- Our tour guide will give you an overview introduction of Cu Chi Tunnels and its legendary history.
- Enjoy the scenic drive northwest towards the Cambodian border. Today you will get to explore a section of the network of some 125 miles (200 kilometers) of subterranean passages and rooms.
- Upon arrival at the Cu Chi Tunnels, we take a short documentary film about the Cu Chi tunnels tell you how about the tunnels histories and how fierce the war happened.
- Then the tour will help you to learn the pivotal part they played in the war such as trap doors, and climb inside to see where the Viet Cong built storage facilities, weapons factories, kitchens…
- Afterward travelers can try local special food are rice tapioca & hot tea which was main food in Cu Chi during the war.
- Visitors can try to fire off an AK47 or MK16 or machine guns at the nearby shooting range (Not include fee).
Depart from Cu Chi tunnels and get back your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City around 13:00PM. The tour end.
Day 14: Ben Tre full day tour (B/L)
Unique Cai Be Floating Market Tour give us a chance to the Mekong Delta River on this a day to get experience the trading culture of Mekong Delta. See local production activities and the busy and noisy Cai Be floating market and enjoy a tasty local cuisine
- Our guide pick up at your hotel. We travel by road to Cai Be located approximately 90 km southwest of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Right after arrival Cai Be, detect the “symbol of convenience in Vietnam” – the local market. You will have an opportunity to have a precise insight of the diversity and colorful of the local everyday life. Not only that, you will involve the people here and show your bargain talent through finding and shopping the ingredients for your upcoming cooking class.
- Then get involved in 2-hour motorboat adventure with your companions to discover Cai Be floating market. Have a sight of the way the locals trading fruit and other goods, buy and taste some fruits in Mekong Delta.
- Then, we visit a candy workshop, to learn how to make coconut candy and try to purchase some candy before meandering with your guide for sightseeing.
- Subsequently, engross yourself in the tranquility of the Mekong Delta’s small villages by riding a bicycle along the village path. Continue to visit fruit orchards and a bonsai garden guide and mingle with the villagers.
- Thereafter, boat on the Mekong Delta, approach a small island and join your small group in a half-day cooking class. You’ll learn to prepare Vietnamese dishes as you discover the creativity of Vietnamese cuisine in mixing culinary art from other countries. Enjoy your own dishes with your fellow food lovers before trying to row a sampan like a real local people.
- Drop off at your hotel. Your Cai Be Floating Market tour ends about 17:00.
Day 15: Ho Chi Minh departure (B)
- There is no activity planned for today, so you are free to enjoy your free time souvenir shopping until transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
Accommodation list (4 star hotel)
- Ha Noi: Chalcedony Hotel Hanoi
- Ha Long: Viola Cruise
- Hue: Eldora Hotel
- Hoi An: Thanh Binh Riverside Hotel
- Nha Trang: Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa
- Ho Chi Minh: Lavender Hotel Saigon
All the above are net rates quoted per pax (person) in us dollars (USD) this is an estimate only and no reservations have been made subject to availability.
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services
- ll private transfers and transportation
- Accommodation shared in Double room with daily breakfast
- Experienced English speaking guide
- All in-tour flights as per itinerary: Hanoi – Ho chi minh, Economy class
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets
- Water on coach
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- No extra charge after confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- International flights
- International departures taxes
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Peak season or public holiday surcharge if any
- Compulsory gala dinner on Christmas or New Year (if any)
- Vietnam visa on arrival pre-approved letter
- Vietnam visa stamp fee
- Other services not mentioned above
Send an Inquiry