You might have been wondering if Vietnam has a religion of its own, the answer is yes and it’s called Cao Dai. Ho Chi Minh City is one of the melting pot of many religions in which one of them is the Cao Dai religion. The Great Holy See Temple is considered one of the most striking structures in all of south-east Asia. It is an experience not to be missed. After lunch, visit the Cu Chi Tunnels.
CAO DAI TEMPLE – CU CHI TUNNELS 1 DAY TOUR
- 7:30- 7:45 AM: Our tour guide and bus will pick you up at 220 De Tham Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City and start the bus ride to Cao Dai Temple and Cu Chi Tunnels.
- The Great Holy Sight Temple was built in 1926. It is the headquarters of the unique Cao Dai sect, a religion with a hybrid of Buddhism, Christianity & Confucianism. Above the entrance is the all-seeing holy eye – symbol of the sect. Visitors will attend the midday ceremony’s extravaganza to witness the daily mass held by the Cao Dai followers, a fantastic experience.
- After lunch at a local restaurant, proceed to the Cu Chi Tunnels to explore the amazing site where Viet Cong hid during the War.
- It is now a popular destination for both Vietnamese & foreign tourists – the network of over 200km of tunnels became legendary as it played a vital role in the war. The tunnels were functioning underground cities including numerous trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers & kitchens. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a “Free Target Zone”.
- Visitors can watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed before entering the tunnels.
- Spend the next hour exploring the tunnels. Afterwards, enjoy tea, cassava (guerrilla-warriors’ food in war time).
- Return to Sai Gon. Finish the trip at around 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- A/C bus
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Mineral water
- Lunch at the local restaurant
- Travel insurance
- Tips & personal expenses (shooting gun, telephone calls…)
- Other services not mentioned in the inclusion.
- <= 5 years old: Free
- 6 to 11 years old: 75%
- >= 12 years old: 100%
Send an Inquiry