Travel Danang fromHo Chi Minh city
From South to Central Vietnam – The Ultimate Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang Guide!
Da Nang an ideal tourist destination for every trip. Da Nang is a coastal city in Central Vietnam, known as “the most livable city in Vietnam”. This city possesses many famous landscapes, its stunning beaches, captivating natural beauty, and vibrant culture; attracting domestic and foreign tourists.
Travel Da Nang from Ho Chi Minh city
- 1. Where is Da Nang in Vietnam
- 2. Danang to Ho Chi Minh Distance
- 3. How to get to Da Nang from Ho Chi Minh?
- 3.1 Flights from Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang
- 3.2 Ho Chi Minh city to Da Nang Train
- 3.3 Bus from Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang
- 3.4 Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang by Car
- 4. Suggested idea 3-days itinerary in Da Nang
- 4.1 Join tour Hoi An day trip from Da Nang
- 4.2 Explore Hue Imperial Citadel
- 4.3 Bana Hills and Da Nang city tour
- 4.4: Ba Thien Hau Pagoda
- 5. Is Da Nang Worth Visiting?
1. Where is Da Nang in Vietnam
Where is Da Nang in Vietnam? Located in the heart of Central Vietnam, Da Nang acts as a gateway to some of the country’s most popular tourist destinations. Its proximity to the East Sea provides easy access to stunning beaches, while its central position makes it a convenient base for exploring surrounding historical and cultural treasures like Hoi An, Hue, and My Son Sanctuary.
Da Nang in Vietnam
2. Danang to Ho Chi Minh Distance
Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang distance according to main routes is as follows:
- National Highway 14: 839 kilometers.
- National Highway 1A and National Highway 20: 962 kilometers.
3. How to get to Da Nang from Ho Chi Minh?
To choose the type of vehicle depending on your preferences and financial ability to visit Da Nang and travel to tourist destinations, you can visit How to get from Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang for more information.
3.1 Flights from Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang
Airplane is the most convenient and fastest means of travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang. Travel time by plane is only about 1 hour and 40 minutes, much faster than by road.
Currently, all 4 domestic airlines are operating flights to Da Nang from Ho Chi Minh City. Flight frequency is quite dense, with about 20 flights/day. Ticket prices range from 36,000 – 1,829,000 VND/trip ( no taxes or fees).
Flights from Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang
3.2 Ho Chi Minh city to Da Nang Train
The distance from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang by rail is 950 kilometers. Every day there will be about 6 North- South trains departing from Saigon station and stopping at Da Nang station. Train ticket prices range from 510,000 – 1,100,000 VND/trip, depending on seat type and class. Travel time is from 15 to 19 hours, depending on the type of train and travel speed.
Ho Chi Minh city to Da Nang Train
3.3 Bus from Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang
Buses are a preferred choice for many tourists when traveling from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang. Because buses have reasonable ticket prices, travel time is relatively stable and there are many departure times to choose from.
Currently, there are many bus companies operating the Saigon to Da Nang route. You can refer to some reputable bus companies such as: Phuong Trang, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, etc.
Bus ticket prices from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang range from 430,000 VND/trip to 900,000 VND/turn, depending on seat type and bus company. Travel time is usually about 17 hours and 46 minutes.
Bus from Ho Chi Minh to Danang City
3.4 Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang by Car
Traveling to Da Nang by car is an interesting and attractive choice. Cars bring you comfort, freedom, and safety throughout the journey. You can be proactive in your schedule and stop and rest wherever you want. Besides, cars are a safer means of transportation than motorbikes, especially in harsh weather conditions.
Regarding the disadvantages, the cost of renting a self-driving car is higher than riding a motorbike or bus. However, if you go with a group of friends or family, this cost will be divided, helping you save a decent amount of money.
Ho Chi Minh to Danang by Car with English speaking Driver
4. Suggested idea 3-days itinerary in Da Nang
Da Nang is a famous tourist city with many landscapes, historical sites, rich cuisine and friendly people. A 3-day trip to Da will bring you wonderful and unforgettable experiences.
4.1 Join tour Hoi An day trip from Da Nang
A day tour to Hoi An From Da Nang is a great choice for tourists who want to explore Hoi An Ancient Town without much time.
This tour usually departs from Da Nang early in the morning and ends in the evening. During this time, you will visit famous places of Hoi An ancient town such as:
- Covered Bridge: This is the symbol of Hoi An ancient town. Covered Bridge was built during the Tran Dynasty and is a unique architectural work with a curved bridge design spanning a small creek.
- Tan Ky Ancient House: This is an ancient house built during the Nguyen Dynasty, with typical architecture of Hoi An ancient town
- Hoi An Silk Village: This is where Hoi An’s traditional silk is produced and traded. You can visit the silk production process and buy souvenirs made from silk
- Hoi An Night Market: This is where you can enjoy Hoi An’s specialty dishes and shop for souvenirs.
In particular, you will be able to visit Hoi An ancient town at night, when lanterns are lit, creating a sparkling, magical scene. This is a great time for you to explore the beauty of Hoi An ancient town and immerse themselves in the bustling, vibrant atmosphere of the city.
Hoi An day trip from Da Nang
4.2 Explore Hue Imperial Citadel
The Imperial Citadel of Hue is a famous historical architectural work in Vietnam. This project was started in 1804 under the reign of King Gia Long and completed in 1833 under the reign of King Minh Mang.
Hue Imperial Citadel has a total area of about 500 hectares, including palaces, mausoleums, shrines, etc. This is the living and working place of the Nguyen Dynasty’s kings, as well as the place where political events take place, important culture and society of the court.
Hue Imperial Citadel was built according to traditional Vietnamese royal architecture, combined with some Western architectural elements. This project includes 10 city gates, 30 palaces, 22 shrines, etc.
The Imperial Citadel of Hue is an important historical site of Vietnam, recognized by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage. Join Hue City tour from Da Nang now!
Explore Hue Imperial Citadel
4.3 Bana Hills and Da Nang city tour
Ba Na Hills is an attractive destination not to be missed on a 3-day trip to Da Nang. From Da Nang city center to Ba Na Hills it takes about 1 hour by car or taxi. You can buy cable car tickets directly at Ba Na Hills cable car station or book tickets online in advance to save time.
The Ba Na Hills cable car line has a total length of 5,771.61 meters, recognized as the longest single-wire cable car line in the world. This cable car route has 3 routes, with a total travel time of about 20 minutes.
When riding the Ba Na Hills cable car, you will get a panoramic view of Da Nang city and majestic mountains and forests from above. This is an extremely interesting and memorable experience.
Here, you can visit famous places such as French Village, Golden Bridge, Wine Cellar, Linh Ung Pagoda, Love Flower Garden, etc. You can also participate in entertainment activities at Ba Na Hills like thrilling games, visiting the zoo, etc.
You can rent a taxi to move from Ba Na Hills to Da Nang city center. Travel time is about 1 hour. After arriving in the city center, you can walk or rent a motorbike to visit famous places such as Love Bridge, Dragon Carp Statue and Dragon Bridge. These are symbols of Da Nang city. Admiring the beauty of these works at night will bring you extremely interesting and memorable experiences. Join a day tour Bana Hills from Danang – Deluxe group tour now!
Bana Hills in Danang Vientam
5. Is Da Nang Worth Visiting?
In recent years, Da Nang has welcomed a large number of tourists to visit. This city possesses many famous landscaped, rich cuisine and friendly, hospitable people.
- Many attractive tourist attractions: Da Nang is blessed with many beautiful natural landscapes, from romantic beaches, majestic mountains to mysterious caves such as: My Khe Beach, Ba Na Hills, Han River, etc.
- Collection of many cheap hotels, resorts, etc, with beautiful views: Da Nang is a famous tourist city with a diverse accommodation system, meeting the needs of all types of tourists. In Da Nang, there are many hotels, motels, homestays, and resorts with many different prices, from affordable to high-end. Hotels in Da Nang are fully equipped with amenities, from modern rooms to convenient services such as swimming pools, spas, restaurants, etc.
- Diverse cuisine, cheap prices: Da Nang is a city famous for its rich and diverse cuisine. Dishes in Da Nang are made from fresh ingredients, with bold flavors of the Central region. Some famous specialties of Da Nang include: My Quang, Cao Lau, Pork rice paper rolls, Fresh seafood, etc. Dishes in Da Nang are quite cheap, only from 15,000 VND to 50,000 VND/ dish. This is a big plus point that attracts tourists to Da Nang
- The people are friendly and nice: Da Nang people often have bright smiles and gentle, sincere voices. They are always ready to help tourists, guide tourists on the way, and show tourists famous places to visit and eat.
If you are looking for an ideal tourist destination, Da Nang is a great choice for you. Have a wonderful time on your trip!